Spotted on the street in New York, we fell in love with Gwen Stefani's entire look the moment we laid eyes on her! Head-to-toe leapard print requires a high maintenance makeup look, so thanks to Gwen Stefani's flawless finish, she managed to pull off this look with sheer excellence!
This look is obviously all about the lips, but a few subtle touches take it to a whole new level of GLAM. Follow the steps below to recreate it:
1. Apply foundation and concealer then brush your brows into place, and fill if necessary.
2. Sweep a medium bronze over your whole lid, up to the crease. Then using a slanted eye shadow brush, sweep a thin line of the same shadow under your bottom lash line.
4. Curl your lashes, and then apply a thin line of black liquid liner over the bronze eye shadow, winging it slightly at the outer edges.
5. A pop of pale pink blush is all that’s needed before you start on those lips.
6. Red lips this perfect take a bit of work. Start by applying a light layer of your normal foundation to your lips and let it dry. Then dust them with a fine coating of pressed powder before using a lip liner to colour-in your whole lip, both the top and bottom. Make sure the liner is the same colour as your lipstick. This three step process will create a base for the lipstick to grab onto and will make it last much longer!
7. For such a pristine finish, you have to apply your lipstick with a brush. Dab from the sides of your lipstick bullet, and apply to the centre of your lips, working outwards. This will prevent you from applying too much.
Not sure what colour to use? Try Revlon's fire engine red Super Lustrous Lipstick in No.19 (R99.95)
8. Finally blot your lips with a tissue, and apply a second layer of lipstick. This will make the colour even, as well as make it last longer too.
9. Run a straightener through your hair if you want sleek locks like Gwen Stefani's – and voila, you're ready to rock out in as much leopard print as you like (okay, in moderation)!
Emmy is the daughter of a sailor, animal loving, coffee addicted, beauty product junkie editor of rouge.