Cream cheese pastry
- 750 ml cake flour
- 250 g chilled butter, cubed
- 250 g thick cream cheese
- 125 g bacon bits
- 250 ml finely chopped cooked turkey
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 125 ml cranberry sauce
- beaten egg for glazing
- Put the flour into the bowl of a food processor. Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the cream cheese and pulse until the mixture comes together to form a dough.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll out one portion on a lightly floured surface and cut out 10 cm discs.
- Use these to line a muffin tin.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut out 5cm discs for lids.
- Fry the bacon until crispy. Add the turkey to the pan and mix well.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Put a teaspoonful of cranberry sauce into the base of each pie. Divide the filling between the pastry.
- Brush base of the lids with egg wash and place over the filling. Seal the edges.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and bake at 180°C for 15 -20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove and cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- These are delicious served warm or cold.