“How we love ourselves has a direct connection with how we love in general and how we form relationships with other people, says wellness coach Phemi Segoe. For most hustling Glow Getter’s self-love isn’t a luxury, it’s a need, so Bernini partnered with Phemi to get her top 10 tips to sparkle on and better self-love:
1. Spend time with people that challenge you and make you feel good! Surround yourself with ambitious, positive people that make you feel good about yourself while motivating you to keep going after your goals.
2. Schedule in pamper time every month. Invest in making yourself feel good! Set aside some me-time and pamper yourself at least once every month. This can be getting your nails done, going shopping, getting a massage, going to your favourite restaurant. This is a great way to spark a good relationship with yourself.
3. Start journaling. Sometimes we have a hard time expressing ourselves and writing might be the release you’ve been looking for. Here’s a challenge: write down 5 things you are grateful for every evening to help you focus on the great things happening in your life.
4. Listen to yourself. Take time to listen to yourself. If you’re exhausted, slow down. If you’re always feeling tired, reassess where you’re investing your energy. You deserve to feel great so give yourself enough attention to make the kind of decisions that bring back your sparkle.
5. Celebrate all your wins. We are always working on ‘securing the bag’ and making big moves and often forget how important the small moves are too. All your small victories are worth celebrating! Personally, I always have Berninis in my fridge ready to celebrate all my wins.
6. Dress up and show up! When you’re feeling down, you naturally want to stay in bed all day but looking good makes you feel better. So dress up, make plans with some friends and allow your mood to get lifted.
7. Make self-care part of your lifestyle. Is self-care a part of your day-to-day? Life gets so busy that we sometimes think we don’t have the time to take care of our own needs. Self-care is an act of self-love and you are worth all the love you can give yourself. Add something small and meaningful to your morning routine that will set you up for a good day!
8. Go on a ‘me-cation’. Solo vacations are becoming more and more popular and perhaps going away on your own is your much needed ‘eat love pray’ break. This is an opportunity to learn more about you while creating great memories!