If there’s ever an opportunity to embrace your inner child and hang like a bat, take it!
Suspension Yoga is a combination of yoga, Pilates and gymnastics that can deliver major benefits for your back and core. This novel exercise programme is all done in a hammock with plenty of inversions, which are moves done completely upside down.
Virgin Active believes that exercise should be fun – and there’s nothing more fun that hanging upside down while getting a full-body cardio workout. Our Master Suspension Yoga Trainer, Ceri Hannan, describes it as a “great way to get some variety into your fitness routine while developing a really healthy back through improved alignment and decompression of the spine”.
She adds that Suspension Yoga can even help build a better immune system by improving your lymphatic, digestive and circulatory systems – truly an all-round routine with multiple upsides to working out upside down.
Suspension Yoga is available at the following Virgin Active Collection Clubs across South Africa:
- Silo District, Cape Town
- Alice Lane, Sandton, Johannesburg
- Melrose Arch, Johannesburg
- Menlyn, Pretoria
- Moses Mabhida, Durban
Enter now to win a three-month Virgin Active membership worth R990 per month.
Simply tell us what your fitness goals are – and you could find yourself enjoying all the benefits of hanging upside down too.
This competition expired
Competition terms and conditions
• All participants must be over the age of 18.
• To enter, audience must comment on the competition post and tell us
what fitness goals they would like to reach.
• All valid entries will go into a lucky draw and stand the chance of winning 12
training sessions with a personal trainer.
• The judge's decision will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
• Audience can enter as many times as they want but will only be eligible to win ONE prize in this competition.
• All Virgin Active staff, tenants, contractors and their immediate family members will not be eligible to be in this lucky draw.
• The prize cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged for cash.
• The winners will be announced on GLAMOUR's channels and will be contacted directly by Virgin Active.
• Winners will be matched to a personal trainer of Virgin Active’s choice at the member’s home club. All sessions to be booked directly with the personal trainer as assigned.
• To all non-Virgin Active member winners, Virgin Active will provide the winner with a six-month complimentary membership voucher.
• Should the winner not be contactable, Virgin Active reserves the right to award the prize to a new winner.
• Virgin Active reserves the right to use the winner's image/details in future media, at Virgin Active's discretion.
• Virgin Active reserves the right to document the winner’s journey with the personal trainer through photos, video and/or written content. This content will be used in Virgin Active print, online and/or video-based marketing materials, as well as any other company publications.
• All personal training sessions must be redeemed by 30 September 2020.