Curlies unite, the film, we’ve been waiting for has finally arrived! And we’ve partnered with Netflix SA and The President Hotel to host an exclusive screening of the film, Nappily Ever After.
If you’ve ever felt quite alone in your hair journey, you’ll soon learn that we’re all in this together. We all have some embarrassingly failed curls, styles and colour, enlightening, educative and funny stories to share from our roads leading to where we are with our hair today.
Based on the novel of the same name by Trisha R Thomas, it unravels all the mysteries of hair and identity.
Violet Jones (played by Sanaa Lathan) will take us through hers in this film about self-realisation and the art of embracing your true self in fullness and without any compromise. It all started with a simple hair-make over for her to realise that she isn’t exactly as where she needed to be and although it takes Violet some time, as it does for all of us, to realise and accept her true identity, when she finally does, she uncovered a type of happiness that she didn’t know she had in her.
What’s even more exciting is that the actress actually took the plunge and did the big chop in preparation for this film.
Now onto the best part, you get to be part of her journey, 5 lucky readers stand a chance to win double tickets, including complimentary popcorns and drinks. All you have to do is follow the instructions to stand a chance to take yourself and a bestie along to the screening. The upside is, those who don’t win this competition are still winners, as they get to watch this film on Netflix as it becomes available in the comfort of their own home.
Fill in the form below.
Follow us on Twitter, @GLAMOUR_sa and @NetflixSA use hashtags #GLAMmovienight #GlamourxNetflix and share images of your curls and tell us why you decided to go natural or do the big chop.
Details of the screening:
The President Hotel in Cape Town on 21 September.
- 6:30pm – 7:00pm: Handing over of snacks and drinks on arrival
- 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm: Screening of Nappily Ever After
- 9:00 pm – 10:00 pm: Discussion/sharing of stories relating to the film
Competition terms and conditions:
- Entrants must supply full name and contact details along with their submissions.
- Winners will be chosen based on their answers to the call to entry question.
- If winners cannot be contacted, the prizes will be reassigned.
- Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to forward entrants’ details to competition sponsors.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Competition prizes not transferable and no cash alternatives are allowed.
- Employees of Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd and participating/associated companies and promotional agencies, contributors to GLAMOUR and families of any of the above may not enter the competition.
- By entering this competition, you agree to receive correspondence from Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd and affiliated competition sponsors.
- Competition is only open to Cape Town residents.
This competition is closed.