Hey, who says Easter is only for the kids? We’ve found six deliciously decadent, easy-to-make treats so that you too can indulge this holiday. (Don’t worry, we didn’t skimp on the chocolate!)
RASPBERRY AND CHOCOLATE BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
Recipe courtesy of Staffords. Makes 8 servings.
- 1 jar fruity raspberry jam
- 10 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 75g Magicmelt Choc Chips
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 1½tsp Vanilla Extract with Seeds
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- 450ml low-fat milk
- Generously spread butter and jam onto the bread. Cut into triangles. Layer into a 2-litre ovenproof dish, scattering the chocolate chips between the slices.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, icing sugar and milk. Pour over the bread and leave to soak for one hour.
- Heat the oven to 180°C and bake the pudding for 30 – 40 minutes, until golden and just set.
- Top with extra chocolate chips and and some fresh raspberries.
PEANUT BUTTER TIRAMISU COCKTAIL
Recipe courtesy of Antonella Tuscan Tiramisu. Makes 1 serving.
- 30ml Antonella Tiramisu Cream
- 15ml white rum
- 15ml smooth peanut butter
- 45ml fresh cream
- 1 cup of ice
- Chocolate syrup for garnish
- In a martini shaker, combine the Antonella Tiramisu liqueur, rum and peanut butter.
- Stir until the peanut butter is dissolved into the alcohols.
- Add the cream and ice then shake to chill and combine.
- Prepare a martini glass by pouring the chocolate syrup in the glass to decorate.
- Pour the cocktail through a strainer into the prepared glass and serve immediately
QUIRKY EASTER CHICKS
Recipe courtesy of Skinny Scoop. Makes 2 servings.
- 2x 175ml tubs ‘Vanilla Camilla’
- 50g organic coconut flakes, lightly toasted
- 2 raw almonds
- 6 goji berries
- 4 raw cacao nibs
- Allow the ice cream to melt slightly. Use a butter knife to loosen it from the tub.
- Turn upside down onto a small bowl, and carefully pop the ice-cream out the tub.
- Cover with lightly toasted coconut flakes and add the features: an almond for the beak, the cacao nibs for the eyes and the goji berries for the combs.
- Place back in the freezer until ready to serve.
GLUTEN FREE HOT CROSS BUNS
Recipe courtesy of Fresh Earth Food Store. Makes 12 servings.
- 440g Fresh Earth gluten free bread mix
- 460ml water
- 85g coconut oil
- 35g instant yeast
- 20g molasses
- 15g Cinnamon
- 10g mixed spice
- 180g soaked raisins
- Pour the water into a bowl and add the yeast through the water.
- Add the bread mix and the rest of the dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix on a low speed for two minutes.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add oil. Add in the raisins and mix on low for another two minutes.
- Scale the dough into 90g pieces and roll into bun shapes. Place on a baking tray.
- Prove at 34°C for 5 – 10minutes. Once proved add the white cross (Fresh Earth pre-mix and water mixed together to form a dough).
- Bake at 180°C for approximately 30 minutes or until done. Brush the buns with honey or golden syrup for a sticky glaze while they’re still hot.
SPICY EASTER MUFFINS
Recipe courtesy of Snowflake. Makes 12 servings.
- Snowflake Easymix Bran Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs
- 125ml cooking oil
- 200ml water
- 5ml ground mixed spice
- 5ml ground cinnamon
- 200ml dried fruit mix
- In a bowl, add the mixed spice, cinnamon and dried fruit to the dry Easymix.
- Mix together water, eggs and cooking oil. Add the dry ingredients mix, and whisk into a smooth batter.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tray, and bake at 180°C for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve with lashings of butter.
WHITE CHOCOLATE AND CREME EGG BAKED CHEESECAKE
Recipe courtesy of CADBURY Dairy Milk Chocolate. Makes 10 servings.
- 1½ cups chocolate biscuit crumbs
- 100g butter, melted
- 750g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 225g white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 6-8 Creme Eggs, halved
- Combine the biscuit crumbs and butter. Press into the base of a greased and fully paper lined 24cm round pan. Chill.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until just smooth. Beat in the eggs then stir through the sour cream and chocolate.
- Pour the filling into the prepared base and arrange the Creme Eggs around the cheesecake.
- Bake in a moderately slow oven at 160°C for 40 – 45 minutes or until just set. Cool in the oven with door ajar. Chill before serving.