Hailey Bieber, the new global ambassador, perfectly embodies the Superga original attitude.
Since her debut on the runway and first campaign in 2014, Hailey Bieber became sought after for her celebrated street-style before becoming the face of what is known as the “People’s shoe of Italy.” As a classic closet staple shared across both Italian men’s, women’s and kid’s wardrobes, it was natural to pair the American style icon’s timeless tastes with the sneaker that can be worn from day-to-night – a key code in Hailey Bieber’s imitable flair in fashion.
With a desire for sustainability, it was only natural for the model to front as the face of the classic cotton plimsoll shoes. Superga is the ultimate sustainable shoe. Invented in the era before the invasion of plastic, for over a century it is handmade with cotton, natural rubber and aluminum. Recently, Superga has made further moves toward becoming a planet-positive label with the recently unveiled collection of organics.
The campaign was shot in New York City in December 2020 on a neutral background at Pier 59 with an all-female team. Photographer, Stevie Dance’s insightful lens penetrates the given subject and is cause for an audience to fall in love with the character. New York based stylist and fashion editor, Gabriella Karefa-Johnson, known for bringing a new attitude to styling and creating an instantly recognizable energy and opulence through disparate colors, materials, silhouettes and textures placed her unmistakable mark in capturing Hailey in a series of 24/7 looks around time-honored styles of Superga sneakers.
Posing on a stool, laying on the floor and dancing on the studio rooftop, Hailey Bieber wears some of Superga® most iconic styles. They include the brand’s hero product, the unmistakable 2750 in white canvas, which remains at the heart and foundation of the “People’s shoe of Italy.” The 2790 platform sneaker in black cotton canvas, the archival Alpina tick tread sole.
The campaign also puts the focus on some new styles, including the 2630 Stripe, the 2705 High Tops as well as the recently added 2490 Bold sneaker in plant dyed organic cotton.
Win with Glamour & Superga®
We have partnered with Superga and are giving away the 2750 all to the value of R5OOO. All you have to do to stand a chance of winning is fill in the form below:
Terms & Conditions:
- Entrants must supply full name and contact details along with their submissions.
- Winners will be chosen at random.
- If winners cannot be contacted, the prizes will be reassigned.
- Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to forward entrants’ details to competition sponsors.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Competition prizes are not transferable and no cash alternatives are allowed.
- Employees of Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd and participating/associated companies and promotional agencies, contributors to GLAMOUR and families of any of the above may not enter the competition.
- By entering this competition, you agree to receive correspondence from Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd and affiliated competition sponsors.
- Competition is only open to South African residents who are 18 years or older.
- Vouchers/gift certificates are not transferable for cash, and should be used within a month once received.
- Competition closes on the 31st of May 2021.