Red wine AND chocolate? What could be better?
If you like sipping on a glass of red wine and indulging in the occasional chocolate milkshake, you’ll adore this dessert which doubles as a drink! Inspired by the cherry and berry aromas in the Two Oceans Sauvignon Merlot, food blogger Carey Boucher-Erasmus of Bits of Carey (bitsofcarey.co.za) decided to make her own decadent treat incorporating those luscious flavours. The result? A Black Forest milkshake with a gorgeously grown-up twist. This quick recipe is perfect for sundowners, requires minimum ingredients and is super easy to follow. Enjoy!
TWO OCEANS BLACK FOREST MILKSHAKE
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 750ml vanilla ice cream
- 80ml frozen cherries or frozen berries
- 60ml Two Oceans Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot
- 30ml Kirsch Cherry Liqueur
- 15ml cocoa powder
- 60ml dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 45ml milk
- 125ml whipped cream
- Fresh cherries or berries, for garnish
- Place all of the milkshake ingredients in a blender, and pulse until well combined. You’re after a dark and frothy milkshake consistency.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream and fresh cherries or berries.
- Serve chilled.
Looking for more sweet treats to try out? Check out these delicious (and healthy) brownies.