These deliciously decadent – but totally gluten-free! – granola bars are a must-have for your cookie jar!
GLUTEN-FREE CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP AND COCONUT GRANOLA BARS
Prep time: 20 minutes. Makes 16 servings.
- 60ml coconut butter
- 30ml melted coconut oil
- 75ml honey
- 5ml vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- 125ml desiccated coconut
- 375ml puffed brown rice cereal
- 375ml instant oats
- 80ml chopped 70% dark chocolate
- Line a 23-cm square tin with baking paper.
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut butter, coconut oil and honey over a medium heat, stirring until it starts to gently bubble. Add the vanilla essence and salt and heat for another 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the coconut, puffed rice and oats.
- Scrape the mixture into the lined tin. Gently spread it out with your hands and press down quite firmly to pack the mixture into the tin. Quickly sprinkle over the chopped chocolate and lightly press the pieces into the mixture. Leave to cool before cutting into 16 bars.