Social media has been abuzz the past few days and we can clearly see that South Africans have Coachella FOMO as our very own Moonchild took to the stage with DJ/Producer Diplo this past weekend. Well, guess what?
Flying Fish on Monday last week announced the launch of its Ultimate Backyard Festival experience as part of the Flavour Chillas campaign. Headlining the festival is none other than popular Jamaican-born trap house jazz musician, Masego.
Staying true to Flying Fish experiences, the Ultimate Backyard Flavour Chillas will see local talent curating Flavoursome backyard experiences in the various festival flavours of music, fashion, photography, food, art and culture.
We caught up with Stylist and Fashionista Lola Kabingesi, who is part of the FLAVOUR Crew, to give us a lowdown on what to wear at the festival. Lola has the best advice on how to nail Backyard Chillas style because we all know that unless you nail the look, you ain’t done nothing yet.
Here are Lola’s tips to owning a backyard chillas in style;
1) Always have suncreen. This is an essential, you should never take for granted the effect the sun has on your skin.
2) Wear something that is approptiate for the weather. Temperatures fluctuate a lot in South Africa right now, it’s very hot during the day and it’s cold at night, so no matter what you wear, always bring something to cover up when it starts getting colder.
3) Hats and sunglasses are an essential. Just so you keep yourself covered and also look great for the day.
4) Remain true to your style. Don’t try to ‘steal’ someone’s style, stick to your style and accentuate it, that’s the only way you will look your best.
5) Hair. For festivals, people usually go all out for hair, so colour is imperative and advised. For those people who don’t like colour, try do something that sticks out. For women, it could be exciting braids and guys can have haircuts with a pattern. Make sure it looks really dope.
Want more tips from the Flavour Crew? They will be serving content and prizes via a unique cell phone number on WhatsApp.
But that’s not all, you stand a chance to win tickets to the Flying Fish Ultimate Flavour Chillas, where popular US trap house jazz musician,
Masego will be performing as well as weekly festival inspired prizes by buying Flying Fish and saying “HELLO” to the phone number under the cap.
For more information follow the brand’s social media pages on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.