Today marks the third release from the ongoing partnership between global fitness and lifestyle brand Reebok and global fashion icon Victoria Beckham. The latest offering is, “A true celebration of the relaxed, non-fussy 90s sportswear aesthetic combined with Reebok’s deeply catalogued archival looks, updated in a collection that resonates with the modern consumer.” said Victoria Beckham. “There's definitely heritage in there, but it's future-facing,” said Michael Parker, Senior Director of Fashion at Reebok.
Bringing this to life are separates and sets in rich, vibrant hues- Klein blue- juxtaposed by a softer palette which takes its cues from California swim and surf culture. Fabrications are equally alluring using Japanese terrycloth and the collection’s first-ever knitwear piece, a tank and knicker set, finished in a breathable woven cotton and silk blend. “I want clothes that move with me, that move with my life.” said Beckham. “Clothes that make me feel confident but that I also don’t have to think too much about.”
Silhouettes are sharp and skim the body while providing maximum flexibility, with bombers, hoodies, and sweatshirts acting as wearable summer layers. “There should be an effortlessness with streetwear.” said Beckham. “These pieces have been thoughtfully and meticulously designed to offer optimum performance functionality for the gym, but equally are tactile, adaptable, and directional for all other facets of life.”
Designed for the city, the gym, the school run, and beyond, this season also sees technical innovations applied including sweat-wicking fabric with a built-in UV 50 factor to protect from the sun’s harmful rays, along with hydrophilic finishes to absorb moisture. “This collection features Victoria’s design aesthetic combined with the built-for-purpose, everyday functionality that's so intrinsic to sportswear,” said Parker.
Bridging everything together are accessories, with runway-inspired cross-body bags sitting alongside surf-friendly totes, all reimagined in nylon canvas. Footwear mirrors the streamlined shapes of the ready-to-wear, with the introduction of a new shoe, the Rapide. A low style with a more elongated finish, this latest sneaker, also finished in a single shade, complements the Bolton and the basketball-inspired Dual Court.
“Purity of design and brutalism of functionality with an element of softness and movement were the key pillars for this collection,” said Beckham. “We want to continue to bring a fresh perspective on how sportswear can, and should, evolve, in line with the needs of our diverse lifestyles and a progressive approach to aesthetics,” added Parker. Together, the collection celebrates Reebok’s heritage through an evolution for today.
WIN WITH GLAMOUR & REEBOK
We have partnered with Reebok and are giving 5 Reebok x Victoria Beckham vouchers valued at R1 000 each. All you have to do to stand a chance of winning is fill in the form below:
This competition expired
This competition expired
Terms and Conditions
1. Entrants must supply full name and contact details along with their submissions.
2. Winners will be chosen at random.
3. If winners cannot be contacted, the prizes will be reassigned.
4. Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to forward entrants’ details to competition sponsors.
5. The judges’ decision is final.
6. Competition prizes not transferable and no cash alternatives are allowed.
7. Employees of Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd and participating/associated companies and promotional agencies, contributors to GLAMOUR and families of any of the above may not enter the competition.
8. By entering this competition, you agree to receive correspondence from Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd and affiliated competition sponsors.
9. Competition is only open to South African residents.
10. Vouchers/gift certificates are not transferable for cash, and should be used within a month once received.
11. Competition closes on the 12th of June 2020.