You have the outfit picked out, the restaurant selected, and the time set — but why not start the evening with a delicious, romantic cocktail?
These Valentine’s Day pink cocktails will add a lovely touch to your date night. Here are three easy-to-mix cocktails you can make at home for the month of love.
Glass: Coupe, chilled
- 45ml brandy
- 25ml sweet vermouth
- 2-3 dashes of Angostura aromatic bitters
- Dash of simple syrup
Garnish: Fresh cherries
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes and combine all the ingredients. Shake well and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Drape a pair of fresh cherries over the side of the glass.
New England fizz
Glass: Champagne flute
- 30ml white rum
- 15ml maple syrup
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 bar spoons cranberry jam
- 2 dashes Angostura aromatic bitters
- Top with bubbles
Garnish: fresh or dried cranberries
Place all of the ingredients in a shaker, except for the bubbles. Shake with ice and double strain into a chilled champagne flute. Top with champagne. Garnish with fresh or dried cranberries.
Premium pink cocktail
- 20ml premium gin
- 25ml Nettari strawberry syrup
- 10ml lemon juice
- Top up with soda or sparkling water
Garnish: Slice of lemon and rose petals
- Place the first three ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake well.
- Strain into a Champagne saucer and top up with soda or sparkling water and crushed ice.
- Serve with a slice of lemon and/or rose petals
- 50ml rum
- 25ml orange juice
- 25ml pineapple juice
- 25ml passion fruit syrup
- 15ml lime juice
- 10ml grenadine
Garnish: orange slice, pineapple leaves, and an edible flower
Shake all ingredients except the Angostura aromatic bitters. Add ice to a highball glass and strain mix over ice.