So how do you become an expert at something? Well, you get insights from the experts, that’s why we spoke to one of our favorite mixologist, Mmisology to give us tips on how to slay at making drinks at our backyard chillas. Mmisology is the resident mixologist at popular Gemelli restaurant in Bryanston, Johannesburg.
Here’s what the fine brother had to tell us;
1) Keep it simple. ‘Flying Fish is already a great liquid itself. Even if you are a non beer drinker, it’s easier on your taste buds and the flavors are dope.’
2) Use what you have to create the best drinks. For example with Flying Fish Apple, you can use hints of apple, apple juice or lemon juice. So take advantage of garnishes, dry them, boil them or cook them, as long as it adds to the drink, go for it.
3) Make a few punches if you don’t want to make individual drinks. This is usually great for hosting a group of people.
4) Always make sure your drinks are served cold.
5) When looking for cocktails to make, don’t complicate things, go with what you like and the least ingredients as possible.
6) Enjoy Flying Fish responsibly. Not for sale to persons under the age of 18.
Before you get your own backyard chills going you can join us for the Ultimate Backyard Festival at the Flavour Chillas experience on 1 May, in Johannesburg, Jamaican born trap house jazz musician, Masego, will be the headline act. For more information follow the brand’s social media pages on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. It's definitely going to be a jump.