Chef Mogau Seshoene With the lockdown in full effect and the joint effort to promote social distancing and flatten the curve throughout the country and globally, all our favourite restaurants have been closed until further notice. But there is hope. Chef Mogau Seshoene, has shared her delicious and quick salad options to get us through the #QuarantineLife and you can make easily at home. See the full recipe below.
1. Cous-Cous, chickpea and bean salad
1/2 cup cous-cous
1/2 cup chickpea
1/2 cup black beans
1/2 cup cucumber, cubed
1 feta round, cubed
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 yellow pepper, cubed
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of 2 limes
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine ingredients to make the dressing
1. Prepare cous-cous with boiling water and cover tightly with clingwrap.
2. Fluff with a fork and combine all salad ingredients and dress.
Cous-Cous, chickpea and bean salad
2. Grilled pear and blue cheese salad
1 pear, sliced
1/4 cup blue cheese
1/2 red onion
1/4 cup walnuts
Handful rocket leaves
1. In a hot griddle pan, fry the pears long enough to set griddle marks.
2. Assemble salad by combining all the salad ingredients together and dress with balsamic vinegar.
Grilled pear and blue cheese salad
Biltong and berry medley salad
1/4 cup biltong
1 cup Berries- strawberries, gooseberries, blackberries, raspberries
1/4 cup blue berries
Assemble salad and dress with balsamic vinegar.
4. Clementine and avo salad
1 Clementine, sliced
1/2 Avocado, sliced
1/4 cup Pine nuts
Handful Loose leaf Lettuce
1. Begin by toasting the pine nuts in a hot pan for a minute.
2. Combine salad ingredients and dress with balsamic vinegar.
Biltong and berry medley salad WATCH: How to make quick and easy salad options at home with The Lazy Makoti