You’ve probably heard all about the miraculous benefits of meditation from Oprah, Deepak Chopra, and the myriad of wellness gurus on IG.
Even though you only need 10 minutes of meditation to experience the benefits, we’ve discovered an even faster way to achieve zen – and it’s called smile therapy.
What is it?
Smile therapy is the daily practice of smiling – even when you don’t feel like it.
How does it work?
Studies show that smiling during stressful times can alter the body’s response to mental tension. So simply, ignore your emotions, hold a smile for a few seconds, and watch the stress and anxiety melt away.
What are the benefits?
- It changes your mood and emotions in minutes.
- It relieves stress.
- Long-term stress can have a major effect on your immune system, so practising smile therapy can boost your immune system.
- Research has shown that smiling releases “happy hormones” known as endorphins and serotonin, which relieves pain and improves mental health and wellbeing.
- Improves your relationships.
- Decreases blood pressure.
FYI: Studies show that a Duchenne or teeth-revealing smile produces the best results in individuals practising smile therapy. So, make sure your smile is on fleek with Listerine Advanced White mouthwash.
ENTER the Style Your Smile competition, here!