Here is, my 5-step solution to overcoming COVID-19 and lockdown fear:
- List 3 of your biggest worries/fears during this pandemic.
- E.g: Loss of income, cannot leave the house, etc
- E.g: Loss of income 9/10, cannot leave the house 7/10
- Yes, that’s correct, I asked you to write the benefits of this “bad thing” happening.
- Remember, your greatest ability is to change your mindset.
- E.g: Loss of income - benefit is rethinking my finances, cutting down on unnecessary expenses, implementing savings and investment strategies
- E.g: If I did not have the fear of loss of income, I would not be assessing my financial status and cutting unused expenses such as unnecessary memberships, I would not be implementing a budget for when the lockdown ends.
The goal of this exercise is to equilibrate the mind to poise and presence. Gratitude is the key here. Once you reach a state of feeling Grateful for the “bad things” happening to you, that’s when the healing starts. It’s easy to be grateful for a cup of coffee but how often are we grateful for the negative things that happen to us. For every crisis there is a blessing as my Mentor, Dr. John Demartini once said. So, let’s stop living in the illusion of hope and start living in the daily actions that we can take to improve our life. Who knows, President Ramphosa, might just whip out another +14 days UNO card.
Remember, it’s in your favour that you have these obstacles to overcome. Confronting FEAR is the mastery of oneself.
If you or a loved one needs help with processing fear during this time, contact Jerry or René for a Zoom/Skype consultation at www.beyondbeing.co.za. You can also get access to quotes and inspiration from his Instagram page, @beyondbeingza.