Welcome to adaption and innovation 101.
The Covid 19 pandemic has had a notable impact on small businesses as well as larger enterprises. However, what we have all learnt over the past almost two years is that adopting adaptability and seeking out innovative solutions in every situation we find ourselves in is key to our survival and growth.
Owner of GinjaNinjaPR, a Johannesburg based PR agency, Samantha Hogg recently shared vital insight and life-giving business hacks that are definitely worth a read.
“By far the best investment I have made in my business was hiring a business coach. The learning is endless and it has time and again proven to be the smartest thing I could do as a small business owner with a growth objective. Even if you don’t think you need it, the right coach will greatly assist you to address areas where you feel you are not confident and help you develop and evolve your business.”, Samantha said.
Take a look at Samantha’s top 10 PR and small business success hacks below:
1. Hire a business coach, negotiate a reasonable fee that you can afford and evolve the service from there.
2. Create processes and systems for everything; start thinking like the small sibling of a big business.
3. Manage your debtors every day; this will, in turn, help you manage your cash flow.
4. Know that cash flow is, indeed, king - nothing else matters.
5. Communicate with your team often about everything that relates to the business.
6. Don’t create organisational charts, rather adopt a functional accountability approach.
7. Appreciate and look after your key talent, without them growth is not possible.
8. Be authentic in all that you do, honesty is not only easier but mostly disarming.
9. Have a budget and visit it monthly while doing your management accounts.
10. To quote Oprah, never let anyone else sign off expenses, always know what the business is paying for.