Natasha Fagri is a young South African entrepreneur who has great experience in the world of women entrepreneurs and the challenges they face. Natasha, who is the founder of Frost Popsicles, the range of alcoholic popsicles that took South Africa by storm, offers her 5 top tips for female entrepreneurs:
1. Get it out of your head that in order to succeed you need to “be like a man”. A woman can be strong, influential and impactful whilst still being graceful with a soft touch. You don’t’ need to be “one of the boys” in order to progress and be respected.
2. Back yourself! As women we are too quick to doubt our own abilities and ideas and we play down the importance of trusting our gut. Women have unique intuition that in business can be extremely useful. Trust that! Always engage the brain but don’t forget the heart.
3. Voice your ideas and thoughts. You’re brilliant and you have a voice – use it, it’s important!
4. Don’t be afraid to fail. There isn’t a success story in history where everything went perfectly the first time. Step out of your comfort zone and be brave. You don’t learn when things go smoothly, you learn when times get tough and solutions and strategies are needed.
5. Surround yourself (both personally and in business) with people who want to see you succeed. People that inspire you to be the best version of yourself and want you to move forward. People you can speak honestly with and whom you can trust. Cut out unnecessary negativity and remember there’s a big difference between realism and pessimism.
Click here >>> for more career tips, advice and insights.